Easy homemade biscuits you can freeze

No more buying those expensive freezer biscuits....I'm telling you I have been putting off doing this for so long bc it just looked like so much work....but this recipe is super easy and really good!  At least that's what my kiddos tell me;)

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sift twice...I just mix with a fork...don't have a sifter)
1 Tbs baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup cold buttermilk
2 Tbs cold buttermilk

Cut butter into cubes and freeze for a few minutes.  (my 5yr loved to do this)
While it's freezing stir dry in gredients together in a big bowl. (another good task for a 5yr)
Cut in butter (use 2 knives or your 5yr old like  I do;)
Stir in buttermilk with a fork just until dough is formed.  (I take over from here ;)
Knead 3 -4 times on floured surface
Pat into rectangle
Use whatever flats your boat as a biscuit cutter.  ( I use a juice glass)
Cut as many biscuits as you can and place them on a metal cookie tray...I keep kneading a patting out the ough until there is absolutley nothing left and then I take that last ball and make it a biscuit, too!
Put the tray in the freezer overnight....I don't cover mine or anything...just throw them in there.
The next mornig pop them in a freezer bag and use as needed.
I put melted butter on top of mine before I them  at 350 for maybe 15 minutes...just til they look done
...then enjoy the praise as your family eats made from scratch biscuits!

No comments: