Where to start if you want to coupon.....

I have a lot of my friends telling me they would love to get into couponing...but they don't know where to start....they feel like a fish out of water...it's just too overwhelming.  So, I thought I'd start a few posts trying to help anyone who is interested in learning how to navigate the web for good coupon blogs.  I have a few favorites...but am sure there are other great ones out there!  I'll share mine and I'd love to hear of any you all can reccommend;)

Now, let me share that I believe it was God's hand that led me to couponing websites.  I was wondering how I was going to make our budget work this year....as we are REALLY needing to cut back. A friend turned me onto The Coupon Game...and that was good.  But, then I saw an article in Homelife.  It was showcasing a blog called Faithful Provisions.  After visitng, I knew God had answered my prayers on how and where to make our budget work.  Faithful Provisions led me to Coupong to Disney and both remain two of my favorites!

All that said....the first thing I would tell you to do if you are starting out is get coupons;)  There are tons online. (I'll cover where to go in my next post)  But all the bloggers also recommed getting a paper delivered to your house.  I have not gone that far, yet. I buy the B'ham paper every Sunday so I have most of the good coupons.  Coupons are regional...and unfortunately the OA News doesn't have the best ones;(   One of these days I'm going to get around to having the paper delivered...but, until then I just run to Spectrum and pick it up.  Do you know anyone who gets the paper and has no interest in couponing...see if they will give you their inserts!  My MIL and my nieghbor both give me theirs!  Sometimes those extra coupons are needed for a deal...and thanks to them I have them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get 15% off Fathead by using the code SML15C! Also, Fathead is giving away a free Fathead Junior wall graphic daily! Click here to find out more: http://www.fathead.com/sweepstakes/mlb