It's 4 A.M. Do you know where your children are?

 Does anyone else remember those public service announcements on TV when we were kids? (but it was more like 8 or 9 p.m.)



Well, my kids  are all safe and sound asleep in their beds...which is where I should be right now.  So, why am I posting instead?   Well....I fell asleep on the couch after movie night.   Woke up at 1 a.m. and took my shower, then could not go back to sleep...so here I am.  I've been checking emails and catching up on some blogs I follow.
And , in these wee hours of the morning I hear God trying to tell me something....get more sleep!  Really....seems like everywhere I turn I am reading the message we need more sleep.   I am trying to shed a few pounds....and one of the first things I read was...your body holds or makes extra fat when it is not getting enough sleep! (or something like that) So we need sleep to stay thin....and come to think of it....most of the thin people  I know do not skimp on their sleep.  And then tonight, I was reading a post from the Unclutterer and she wrote about how getting enough sleep keeps you focused and organized! Yeah, that makes sense.   All this is total common sense, right?   So, why then do I insist on staying up way after everyone else to get "more" done?   I blame it on a society that tells us we have to be super human, super moms to be doing it right ;) Well, not this mom, not anymore! (not that I have ever been super mom)
I'm getting some zzzzzzzz's!   Sweet dreams!

No comments: