How to fit a family of 6 in less then 2000 sq ft! PART 2C: The Big Grits' Closet

So, I finally got around to taking pictures of the older Grits' closet. 
I'm going top to bottom for this one......
 

The top shelf is holding their next size up pants and their really warm winter PJ's.   It also holds their backpacks and sleeping bags.
        Here are Dancing Grit's clothes.  She gets the top rod that she reaches with a rolling step stool we store right in the closet.  The size and season she is in right now are in the middle.  This way they are the first thing she is looking at when she opens her closet.  The same size and next season are behind those going to the right.  I will move those to the middle when the weather cools off and rotate the others behind them.  This way, next Spring,  I can just pull those clothes out of the closet and have her try them on to see what still fits.
      The left side of the closet has both grits next size up tops and dresses.

     Those are their "make-up" bags.  They only have play make-up in them.....but even Grits this young have make-up bags!  BTW, aren't those bags cute.  A very sweet friend at ballet made one for all the girls. They are lined with plastic inside so they make great beach bags or toiletry bags.  To the right is the Command hook which holds Dancing Grit's ballet bag.
Here are Sporty Grit's hanging clothes.  I have them set up the same way.  Current size/season first and then next season behind those.   Can you see the black stool to the right on the floor.  That is one of the best things I have ever bought.  Wish I had one in every room!  You just kick it and it rolls....then when you stand on it it stabilizes and won't move until you get off.  I bought it at Target.com.
Here are more of those stackable shelves I bought for our workboxes.  I am going with a different system this year...I am so glad to be putting all of these to use! They  are holding  Sporty Grit's pants and shorts.  They are also holding both Grit's tennis shoes and boots. Yes, I have been in the south long enough now that those are tennis shoes and not sneakers.   When Dancing Grit was about 3 I told her to go get her sneakers and she looked at me like I had 3 heads.  I realized everyone else she knew called them tennis shoes......I figured if you can't beat 'em you may as well join 'em!

These are their trinket toy boxes. They are under Sporty's clothes on the floor....along with the roller skates. I wanted to show you the floor because I wanted you to see.....I don't waste any space!  There is so much to cram in for Grits....I have to use every square inch!
 Church shoes and flip flops go here.  Some of the spots are empty bc we don't have Sporty Grits winter shoes in there, yet.
     Nothing very fancy, but it is very functional!  What do you think?  I'd love you to leave me a comment and tell me how you organize your closets!

No comments: