I am teaching 3 differnt curriculums this year and it's boggling my brain!

     This year I will be teaching MFW A to Z Kindergarten, MFW First Grade and the rest of Adventures in My Father's World to my 3rd grader!  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!
     Okay....now that that's out of the way.....let me share the only way I know how to wrap my head around all of it......teach them separate.  At least for now, this seems like the best approach.   Normally, I try to  make them take part in the same history, science and bible....but this year I will have 3 things for each subject going on!  And since  they don't want to be in school all day long....that's one of the perks of homeschooling.......... I'm thinking I will give them the option to participate in any other grade level, but will not require them to be part of it.  Knowing them they will want to do it all, just because they don't have to!

So how will my school schedule look.....let's see together.....
 8:30 to 9:00         Mommy time with Baby Grit
9:00 to 10:00        Goofy Grit  (the other grits will be finishing up chores and playing with the baby...they will be asked to play quietly with learning toys until it is time to start their day.)
10:00 to 11:00 Sporty Grit woring with Mommy  ( Dancing Grit will be working on independent work ) Goofy Grit will take over playing with the baby.
11:00 to 12:00   Sporty Grit will be working independently)
Break for lunch
1:00 to 2:00          Group activities ( Music, Art, P.E.)
2:00 to 3:00          Work on anything unfinished

I'm thinking I will load their workboxes with the work they can do on their own.  I will keep their "With Mommy" work in a separate box on the shelf below.   Goofy Grits workboxes will just have things in  it that she can take or leave depending on her mood.

Man....looks like this Yankee momma  will be in school AAAAALLLLLL day!

3 comments:

Gretta said...

I so feel you about being in school all day. This is my first year to homeschool & I have 4 kids all using various curriculums. I am teaching my Kindergartener from My Father's World and love it! Thankfully, the 10th grader is mostly self-teaching herself this year and I do minimal help but the others require a large portion of my day. It is a blessing though even though most of my day is spent schooling. I teach ours individually as well because I get better focus & they stay on task easier doing it that.

Monica said...

EEEeek! Since Adventures is not intense can combine the science lessons to once a week? Or have the 3rd grader read the Bible lessons to the 1st grader (from the 1st grade lessons)? Just a thought. Monica

Joyce said...

Gretta...better focus is exactly what I'm hoping for. They get so distracted by each other it's a wonder they learn anything!

Monica....I like the idea of condensing some of the science. Don't think it will work to have the 3rd grader read to the first grader, though. She would be horrified that her sister was teaching her! She wants to be big so bad!