The Life Of a Coupon at My House

If you are a coupon at my house you have entered one of two ways....through the front door from a newspaper insert, or from my computer printer.  Once you are here you will probably rest here for a while......
The arm of our recliner.   I don't know why...I never clip there. But, it is here you will wait to be clipped. Then you will travel here......
To the Yellow Shoe Box....I can't believe it's empty!   Here you will wait to be sorted like these guys.....
This usually happens in the wee hours of the night....when little fingers will not disturb you.
  Now you are ready for The Binder......
The first section is Food......I have one page for Breakfast/Beverages, one for Cold Stuff, one for Frozen Stuff, one for Grocery items, and one for Snacks and Sweets. I sort them even further in the 4 pockets on the page. For example......on the Cold page there is one pocket for Dairy, one for Meat, one for Eggs, Milk and Cheese, and one for Everything Else.
The next section is for Household Stuff...cleaners, etc.  This section is arranged alphabetically by brand name.
In the middle I keep all the other type coupons.....office store, or specialty store coupons,.
The last section is for Health and Beauty coupons.  This section is also arranged alphabetically by brand name.

This is that great office Depot Binder with two sets on ring clips. It zips (some of the time) and has a shoulder strap.   My MIL treated me to this bad boy and was I excited!  Hopefully, from here you will go to work saving me money at the store....but, if your expiration date passes and you are still hanging around.....here is where you are banned to......
The box for Expired Coupons that I might use at CVS!  My CVS takes expired Q's if they are not too old.

Once you are a month old you either head to the trash can or you are saved by a grit who wants to play with you.  I am working on sending all unused coupons to the Troops. I have heard Troops can use them 6 months after they expire while they are serving!  So, as soon as I get the address to send them....that's where all unused coupons will end up;)

***Side Note:  I have envelopes labeled for each store I shop at....Target, Publix, Kroger, etc.  When I make my list and pull my coupons I put it all in the envelope.  Then, I put it all in a clear plastic folder with a Velcro tab.  I take both things with me when I shop....but this way I can grab what I need for each store quickly and easily.

No comments: