Make It Happen Mondays! Chores

    


We do chores around here.  EVERYONE does chores around here.  It's the only way to keep a semi-clean house and homeschool! Not to mention they teach responsibility, let them know they are a vital part of our family, and are preparing them for the future...when they have their own homes to take care of.  So..... we do chores. 
   How do we make it happen ?  We have tried many different systems.  My favorite is The Chorganizer.  
Choreganizers: The Visual Way to Organize Household Chores
 

  But even with this great system,   I still felt like I was  haggling over what chores would be done when. They had become pretty spoiled to the idea that chores = prizes...even though they had chores they did everyday that did not get  rewards.  I cut out all "systems" and said they would do what I said when I said and that was it.  I know....what a mean Mommy I am!  But, after a few months of this they have  evolved into little grits who just do their chores when they are told.  (of course, there is still the occasional whiner)
     Because I am a " get it out of my head and on to paper kind of girl", I have made this checklist to hang on my handy-dandy clip board.  Then each morning before school we will go over each grit's list and make sure they have completed it.  I am praying this works to keep it all done without me having to "nag" all the time. Here is what  they are doing right now.  These may change from time to time. Usually, one of them will come to me and say they are tired of doing such and such and then we will rotate out chores.  For now, this plan is working great! These are things they are able to get done first thing in the morning. 

DAILY CHECKLISTS


Dancing Grits'  Checklist

  • Wash a load of laundry and put in the dryer
  • Dry, fold and put away  a load of laundry
  • Clean the  Master bathroom
  •  Dressed
  • Face Washed
  • Teeth brushed
  • Hair brushed
  • Bed made
  • Bedroom picked up
  • Clean laundry put away



Sporty Grit's  Checklist:
  •  One of these per day: (this was her choice)
                    Dust house
                     Glass  Doors
                  Empty trash
                                             Wipe tables in the family room
                                                       Wipe Down Kitchen Table and Chairs
  • Clean Guest Bathroom
  • Hair brushed
  • Dressed
  • Face Washed
  • Teeth brushed
  • Bed made
  • Bed room picked up
  • Clean laundry put away



    Goofy Grit's Checklist:
    • Water Lucy
    • Unload dishwasher
    •  Dressed
    • Face Washed
    • Teeth Brushed
    • Hair Brushed
    • Bed made
    • Bedroom picked up
    • Clean laundry put away
    I think chores are important for all children.  But, as homeschoolers they may do a little more then other kids.  They understand that because I spend my day teaching them, I have less time to do housework.  So, they need to pitch in more.
    I would love to hear what chores your children do and how you get them to do them! 
    Leave a comment and let me know. Or,  if you blog, leave the link to your blog so I can check it out!


    No comments: