Caramel apples on the fly!

It is Fall...you can't tell in in AL by the weather....but it is.  We do caramel apples every year to kick off the fall season.  Most of my family traditions involve food.  Hmmm...not sure if that is such a good thing.   Anyway,  I guess I'm behind on my Fall food tradition...bc my girls asked for caramel apples today....and I was not prepared!
I had apples.....but, I did not have any caramel...or did I?   My brilliant Dancing grit suggested we just use the caramel ice cream topping and dip apple slices in it!  Perfect!  This is actually more "apple"ing  to me...sorry couldn't resist.   This  it is definitely less work and  the whole slice will get eaten,  instead of just the outer layer!  Here's what we used....

And here are the Grits enjoying their yummy Fall snack tradition......

Happy Fall Y'All!

5 comments:

Monica said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing... dropping by from the MFW Adventures blog roll.
Monica

Joyce said...

Hey, Monica! Thanks for stopping by:)

Kathi @ A Mother's Prayers said...

We love, love, love ourselves some caramel apples too. We 'cheat' every year...using caramel dip and an apple slicer!

Yummy!

Happy Fall!

Sharon Cz said...

I've sure enjoyed your family pages. It's great that you've made time for many fun traditions for the seasons. You have motivated me! SG said she'd like to paint leaves (when I asked her which fall food she'd like to make!) And maybe we'll try to decorate the house with some fall stuff. Aaaah, the seasons!

Joyce said...

Thanks Sharon! Let me know how the painted leaves taste...uuumm...turn out:)