Getting some help with the consignment sale stuff.....

Sorry I have no school projects to show you.....we did study ants this week, but I forgot to take a picture:(   We laid  a piece of syrup soaked bread next to a hill and observed what happened.  uuuummmmm......they ate it!  We see this all the time around my house when we leave cracker crumbs on the floor and those pesky things invade! But, it was still cool to do.
What we have been working on this week is our consignment sale stuff....and this year I got the Grits involved.   I know there was life skill school lessons in there somewhere!


Here they are helping me tag all of our stuff to sell.  We had 100 pieces of clothing and almost that much in toys, books, and household items!   There are quite a few steps to tagging for this particular sale....so I was very thankful for the help! We were able to get it done it two days thanks to our hard work at sorting and organizing our clothes last month.
And this is what I had to donate.......
That is six trash bags full of stuff going to out local Head Start program! They are a great program...btw.  They write out an itemized receipt for your tax records and mail it to you.   They also pick up if you need them to.   They offer everything you donate at their "Sunshine Shop" free to those who qualify.
Okay...back to me ......
There is something so great about clearing that much stuff out!  And the added benefit of the sale is a check at the end! It is a lot of work, but it will help at Christmas time!

No comments: