Makin' It Happen Mondays: Tweaking the Choreganizer....

I am, hopefully, going to use it to get the Grits to do my more cleaning around the house.   They have been asking me ever since I took it down when they were going to get to earn Mom bucks and Dad dollars again and shop at the Chore Store.  I did not want to go back to using it to do their everyday chores, because what we are doing right now is working.  But, I do think it's great for kids to have a way to earn their own money and The Choreganizer is a great system for that.  So, I told them to be patient....really I just had too much going on to sit down and fool with it.  But, I did have a plan....and here it is.....

I wrote down all those little jobs  that I always mean to get around to doing on some cut up index cards.  You know,  things like  cleaning the grate on the refrigerator or the finger prints off the door frames.   I also used some cards  from our previous chores that had pics on them....like wiping down the dining room chairs.  I listed what each chore is worth on the card.  Now the plan is to put them here....in their choreganizer charts each week.  They can choose to do them....or not. No pressure.  These are things that only need to be done once a week or more....so if it takes them a few weeks to do them...no problem!  And what they don't do...I'll just do....hopefully.  When they do finish something they are to put  the card  in the pocket down below.  At the end of each week I will tally what they have done and then give them their "money". 



I am hoping this  will result in some extra help for me around the house....and some shopping fun for them..   I love the "Chore Store" because I can put all the cool discounted things I find in it...I hate taking them to Target where  they always want  some way over priced toy that will be on clearance in a month.!  It just kills me!   They love the "Chore Store" because they get to shop!
I highly recommend the Choreganizer to anyone  teaching little ones how to do chores. It saved my life a few years ago when I was at my wits end trying to get my grits to do chores. I would use it exactly like they say to in the beginning.    It gives them a visible, tangible way to know what they have to do. It's a lot easier then charts because there is no checking off...they just move the cards.  Then, when you see what tweaking your family needs, go for it!  

No comments: