Freezer Friday

So, I have been dabbling in this thing called freezer cooking for a few weeks now and I love it!  I love that I make a mess in the kitchen only once!  I love that I have great, made-from-scratch meals at my fingertips!  I love my reduced stress every day because I am not worrying about cooking dinner!   I hope I am convincing you to give freezer cooking a try because it is worth it!  I know what you are thinking..... that it's just too much cooking at one time for  me! It doesn't have to be.  I have yet to cook for more then 3 hours.  I don't do an entire month's worth at one time. Although, I'd like to someday.  I have started small and it still works for me.  I cook a few weeks worth of a few meals a week! You can read about it in my other post about freezer cooking. 

All that said, I still needed help with the planning.  I wanted to go from making one or two things at a time to making at least 3 or 4!  Money Saving Mom to the rescue!  Go here and read her post about how she plans her freezer cooking days and then print the free printable sheets to help you plan!  I did and they have been a huge help!

Here are the ingredients I had on hand:
  • Chicken Breasts
  • Stew Meat
  • Ground Beef
  • Black Beans and Smoked Sausage
Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites: More Great Recipes That Save You Time and Money from the Inventors of the Ultimate Do-Ahead Dinnertime Method   FIX-IT and FORGET-IT LIGHTLY : Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
Here are the recipes I chose from my Once A Month Cookbooks and Fix It and Forget It, Lightly:
  • Honey Chicken
  • Chicken Nuggets
  • Goulash
And a few other things I planned on doing:
  • Brown ground beef for tacos
  • Make Meatballs
Here's what made it into the freezer (recipes coming soon!).......

This was just one bag, but it came in handy the very next day when I had to be out of town from 8 to 5!  I thawed it overnight and then threw it in the crock pot the next morning!

There are two bags here.

Three pint sized bags of ground beef.
Three bags of Honey Chicken.
I had a few mishaps....like left the black beans in the crock pot for two days and they soured :(   I forgot to take the ground beef out, so I was not able to make the meatballs.  As a result, I did not get as much as I planned done. But....some in is better than none it!

Have a blessed day!
Joyce

No comments: