Freezer Friday: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I took a very welcome break from all of my routines during the Christmas Season.  Now that I am getting back into the swing of things, it's time to get back to the freezer!

Part of the reason I freezer cook is because I want to be a Made-from-Scratch Mom in an On-the-Go World!  The name and theme of my next blog! Anyway, freezer cooking is the only way I can see to accomplish this.  I have really been working hard to make healthier, more nutritious meals and snacks for my family. But I don't have the time to "whip" up a batch of cookies from scratch every week!  What I can do is find the time once a month to  bake enough for us to enjoy that day.Then roll the rest into balls, flash freeze, and bag them for future use!
  I only ended up with a quart size bag. But, this should last us a few weeks if I bake about 2 cookies per child each time.  Great portion control, too!  I happened to get a great deal on Ghirardelli Chips at Publix. ($1.50 a bag!) So, I used the recipe on the back. All Recipes has it here
I have been taking them out of the freezer and baking them at 350 for about 12 minutes. They have done great! I can't wait to see what other cookie recipes work with this method!

Have any good freezer recipes?  I would love to hear about them in my comments!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

try substituting almond extract for the vanilla in chocolate chip cookies! It is delicious:)

cooperkelly4 said...

love this idea! I am really big on making a meal (say beef stew in the crockpot), then I make homemade dinner rolls to go with it. I make enough to freeze extra dinner rolls and enough to feed our family-of 6 again in a casserole dish. First, spray the casserole dish with cooking spray for easy clean up. Once the stew has cooled, wrap it with plastic wrap or foil. Then freeze. You can thaw it if you remember too or put it in the oven for longer. So easy, "from scratch". =0) I would love to hear more tips!

Joyce said...

Cooperkelly4-I would love the recipe you use for the dinner rolls! I haven't gotten into bread, yet. But want to...it makes such a great addition to a meal and my family loves it!

Michelle-Will try it, thanks!

cooperkelly4 said...

Hi Joyce, sorry I just sent you a link and it was for my gluten free dinner rolls. We have slowly been adding fresh ground whole wheat back in. This is a link for my friends homemade rolls/burger buns recipe. It is my go to recipe. I can make them bigger for hamburger buns, longer for hot dog buns, and smaller for my dinner rolls. =0) and it is easy! here ya go:
http://sugarbaby-coby.blogspot.com/2010/07/peanut-head-valances-and-burger-buns.html