Another thing I dabble in is sewing. While I'm not great at it, I really love to do it. My repertoire is very small,though. So I was thrilled to be given a chance to review 3 patterns from Precious Patterns.
I was given a choice of any 3 patterns.
Here is what I chose:
- 18" Doll Pants, Shorts, Skirt, Robe, Jacket, and Halter Top
- Doll Shoes and Sweater/Sweatshirt
- Gingerbread Girl, Snowman, and Plain Knot Apron for Girls
The first pattern I tried was this Snowman, Gingerbread Girl, and Plain Knot Apron Pattern.
Originally, I was going to make the Snowman apron. But, I must have had a super busy month and had hard time finding time to sit down and sew. Soon it was February! But, that is no problem with this versatile pattern. There are instructions to make a plain knot apron, too. I revised my plan and found some cute Valentine's Day fabric.
I didn't get it done in time for Valentine's day, either. (note to self-make more time to sew) I think the fabric I chose is cute any time of the year, though. Take a look! I think it came out darling!
The pattern and instructions were very clear and easy to follow. The project was simple and quick to complete. I really enjoyed making this apron and plan on making quite a few more of these!
I made the doll halter top and matching skirt, too. Here is how they came out.
What I love about these patterns:
- The instructions are written out step by step for you. So, it's like having your girlfriend sitting there with you showing you how to do it.
- And if you can't get it by reading it, there are LOTS of pictures. It really helps me to see it before I try to sew it.
- The PDF format allows me to store them in my laptop. I just opened the file and carried my laptop to my sewing room. No more patterns to store!
Precious Patterns has offered one of my readers any THREE pdf patterns of their choice!
- Visit Precious Patterns and tell me what pattern(s) you'd like to try.
- Follow Joyful Creations at Home by Google Friend Connect (on the left sidebar-3 extra entries-leave 3 separate comments)
- Add Precious Patterns as one of your favorites on Etsy
- Like my Facebook Page
- Follow me on Networked Blogs (on the left sidebar)
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe to Joyful Creations at Home by RSS feed or by email. (on the left sidebar)
- Share this giveaway using any of the methods on the little share button at the bottom of this post. (Each way counts as one entry. Please leave a separate comment for each and include your username for that account)
- If you already do any of these things that counts, too! Just leave a comment(s) letting me know.
This giveaway will be open until April 8th
*Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
*Please, please, please make sure I can find your email. If I can't contact you, you can't win.
Thanks for entering!
*We received these product compliments of Precious Patterns. I have not been compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.