Freezer Friday: Chinese Chicken Morsels

     Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.
First, Mr. Steady did my grocery shopping for me this week.  I know...wasn't that super sweet of him! But, he did not come home with any peaches because he said they did not look that good. Okay, good call.  And...he only bought 2 containers of strawberries because they were pretty green. Of course, the grits finished the first carton that day and the other was gone in a day or two. None for the freezer.  That's what I get for planning.
     The end all is that  I broke my camera. Yep, dropped it right on the lens before I even got one picture made. Ughh!  (shoulders slumped in defeat.) I am trying to be optimistic and praying that the local camera store can fix it.
     I still want to give you the recipe for the chicken because if you bought chicken you are going to need to get it in the freezer. But, there will be no pictures.

Chinese Chicken Morsels

  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 Dijon mustard 
  • 2 tsp vegetable oil
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice

     Cube chicken into bit size pieces.  Mix all other ingredients. Add marinade and chicken to a gallon freezer bag. Label and freeze.
     To serve: thaw in the fridge overnight. Separate the chicken from the marinade and place on a pan sprayed with non-stick spray.  Broil 5 inches from the heat for 7 minutes.  Coat lightly with the marinade. Turn and broil on the other side for 4 minutes.  Serve over rice. 
    *I plan to serve this with either Steamfresh snap peas or stir fry veggies.

Recipe adapted from Once-A-Month Cooking


Just in case your Kroger had better produce...
Here are the websites I was planning on using to freeze the strawberries and peaches.
 I'd love to know how it goes if you feel like coming back and leaving me a comment!
Thanks!
Have a Blessed Day!

No comments: