What's on Sale for the Freezer?


As most of you probably already know, a huge way to save money on your grocery bill is to plan your menu around what is on sale for the week.  I figure we should do the same thing with Freezer cooking.  To do this it will take a little planning, but not much I promise. Just pick up these few things if you want to freeze along with me.

This week's sale items I plan to freeze:

Kroger
Strawberries 16 oz   $1.68
Southern Peaches    $1 lb
Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.79-1.99 lb

I plan to:
  1. Freeze the strawberries whole for smoothies
  2. Freeze the peaches sliced  in unsweetened apple  juice. (Instructions to come)
  3. Make Chinese Chicken Morsels                                                                                                          Ingredient list:
  • 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 cups)
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup uncooked rice
 I keep most of this on hand, so this should be an easy recipe. I plan on buying 6 lbs of chicken and making 4 batches of this.  That will give us Chinese once a week for a month.  My grits will love that!

    No comments: