Goals for 2012

New Year's Resolutions.  Do you dread them? Or do you love them?  I have found that it is a combination for me.

  I love the idea of a fresh start and  setting goals that I can work towards.  I dread the idea of listing them and seeing how much is still left on my "to do list" of life.  But, if there is one thing I have learned while managing my family, it is... you must have a plan if you really want to accomplish something.  There is no way I could homeschool 4 kids, keep a semi-clean house, coupon, freezer cook, blog, and all the rest of the little things I do without a plan.

I have a list and plan for everything in our lives. So, I figure the best way to set my goals for 2012 is to start with a list of things I'd like to achieve.  Yes, goals.  I like the word goals.  It gives me a picture of something I can work towards and achieve.  The word resolution is discouraging to me.  I get a picture of something I have to resolve, with my own pitiful willpower to do or not to do. So, I will  set goals not resolutions:)

One thing I always try to remember is that my goals may not be God's goals for me.  He may have different plans for me. And if He does, those are the goals and plans I want to be focused on.  Being in God's will is where  the true joy and peace of life comes from.  Peace and joy are 2 of my favorite things. So, I will pray over this list and change it if I feel God leading me to.  Sometimes I hear that still small voice. And sometimes He has to hit me upside the head with a brick or two before I realize I am not where He wants me.  So, this list may be a  work in progress throughout the year.

Goals for 2012


1. Start a women's prayer group in my home.
2. Learn how to make Bento lunches
3. Learn how to make homemade bread
4. Cook and bake from scratch almost exclusively
5. Weigh less... 40 pounds less would be great:)
6. Sew more

7. Finish unfinsihed projects (oh,  I can't stand these. They loom in the corners of closets wreaking havoc on my brain space.  I would love to be done with them once and for all!)
8. Read Christian books on dealing with tweenagers.  (She is only 10, but I want to be prepared!)
9. Be able to jog 5 miles again. ( I want this to be  healthy goal. I used to be obsessed with running. I don't want that again.)
10. Continue to simplify declutter our lives (Last year my mantra was "stuff does not make you happy". This year it will be "less in more." Plain and simple:)

3 comments:

Chasity said...

Sounds great!!!!

Chasity said...

I had them done, but was not going to post my goals. I was inspired by yours. Plus in reality I thought if I posted I would be more likely to follow thru. So my 2012 goals are up.
Thank you for the inspiration!!

Joyce said...

I am so glad you posted them. I went looking for them the other night and couldn't find them. I am heading there now to read them:)