Good Morning Girls: Ephesians Online Bible Study Week 1: Verses 1-14

I started this really neat online Bible Study today....3 days late.  But, who is counting? 
This bible study uses a method called S.O.A.P.

S-Write out the scripture passage of the day
O- Write down 1-2 observations from the passage.
A-Write down 1-2 applications from the passage.
P-Pray over what you learned from today's passage. 

They describe it as a "simple, slow method.  The point is to fully mediate and take in each and every word in the passage for the day. "

This is my first day, but I am already in love with this method.  So far this week we have covered Ephesians 1-10. It was simple to catch up and I feel full on God's word and His love.  I have really been missing Him lately.  I have not been in a good Bible Study in a while.  And even though I have quiet prayer time every morning and read a few scriptures, there is something special about being in a Bible Study with other like-minded women who are praying for you.

God reveals so much in His word if we just take the time to meditate on it.  After reading these passages today,  I am refreshed in the knowledge that I am chosen in Him and will be holy and blameless through Jesus!  I have redemption from my trespasses through the saving grace of the shed blood of Jesus! 
 What does that mean to me?  It means I don't have to be good or perfect on my own.  Which is a huge relief to me.  I just have to give my life to the One who is perfect. Jesus.  I am human and I fall short every day. I loose my temper, I do things with a bad attitude, I say things I shouldn't, and the list goes on. Thankfully the blood of Jesus covers these sins when I repent and  I am able to stand before the Father holy and blameless. Praise God!

Wanna join me on this Bible Study?  Shoot me an email at joyfulcreations2(at) yahoo.com and let me know.  I am going to try to put a group together this weekend.

Have a Blessed Day!
Joyce

No comments: