We have been using this system for a few months and it works great!
- The color coded cards! We love that there are color coded cards for different times of the day. We all know messes happen at different times. If you home school they happen all day long! Having cards for different time slots will keep your kids on task throughout the day.
- The cards are plastic! This means they will hold up under little hands!
- The pictures are simple and funny. Non-readers will love the silly pictures that are easy to understand.
- You put the stickers on the cards. This means you are truly in control of which chores to use. There are also plenty of blank cards to add whatever else you might need.
- Mr. Steady and I were not thrilled with giving tokens for simple things like getting dressed. We started the system out just as suggested. We gave tokens for every single thing done. They saved them up and earned different rewards. Eventually, we decided they were all too old to be "paid" to get dressed and brush their teeth. We did away with the tokens. And just kept using the system. So far so good!
- Some of the hooks fall off every now and then. We are not sure why. A little super glue has fixed the problem, though.
OverallI love this system. I have tried quite a few and this is by far the easiest for parents to set up and for kids to carry out. This system is great for the ages 4-9 like it suggests. I think you should use it exactly how it details at first and then tweak it to work better for your family once you've established some good routines. If you are struggling to get your children to do their chores or you have children who have never had any kind of chore routine this is the chore system for you! It is truly "The Hassle Free Chore System"!
The I Did My Chores! system is available for purchase on their website for $15.98 plus shipping. I have also seen them on Amazon and a few other online shops.
Want to win a system for your little one? There are 2 easy ways to enter. Do one or both...whatever you choose:)
1. Follow JCAH via Google Friend Connect (leave a comment letting me know)
2. Leave a comment telling me one chore you wish your child would do without constant reminding.
This giveaway will be open until January 30th.
Thanks for entering!
*The products for review were supplied by Brantley Marketing. I have not been compensated in any other way. All opinions are 100% my own.