Friday Freezer Cooking: Chocolate Chip Cookies

 I made a quick list of Goals for 2012 a few weeks ago.  I am trying to get a concrete plan of action in place in order to be sure I make achieve at least some of them.  In the meantime, I will celebrate the little bits of progress here and there.  Tonight I was able to make a little progress on Goal #4: Cook and bake from scratch.  I threw together some chocolate chip cookies.
 I baked a few for the grits to eat right away and then rolled the rest of the dough into balls and stuck them in the freezer.  (I am hoping this recipe will be fine out of the freezer.)
 I'll put these in a freezer bag and pull them out as I need them.

This was surprisingly easy.  I always dread making homemade cookies.  I am thinking the hard part must be staying with the oven until they are all cooked because tonight it seemed like way less work then usual.
The middles fell in:(



I also made some zucchini bread last  week.  This was the first time I have ever made it, so I was not sure how they would like it.  Well, they ate 2 loaves in 2 days!  I didn't have any for the freezer. But, I did grate the extra zucchini and put it in the freezer.  When I am ready to bake some more the hardest part will be done.


My plan is to cook ahead (which will include freezer cooking) once a week and share it here on Fridays.
Have Blessed Weekend!
Joyce

3 comments:

Chasity said...

YEA!!!! I love zucchini bread. My mil used to make it all the time. Let me know how the freezer cookies work, I would love to do that too.

Joyce said...

I have baked them since I wrote this post and they did great. The girls love them and it is so fun to be able to give them fresh cookies out of the oven any time.

Chasity said...

Awesome....will have to try.