5 Weeks 5 Disciplines Challenge

I have found yet another bloggy challenge I feel God is leading me to take. Sharing these challenges with others does wonders for my accountability and resolve to stick with it.  I am excited to be doing this one with Courtney over at Women Living Well.  It seems to be exactly the area I am struggling with...taking care of me.  Which is oh so important when it comes to taking care of my family.  That little saying..."If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"...they are not lying.  If I am not rested, healthy and at my best what will I really have to give my family? And what about God? What is left for Him if I am overweight, tired and irritable all the time? Courtney does a great job in this post sharing how getting fit and being healthy is an act of spiritual discipline.

The first part of the challenge is taking care of our bodies. Courtney only asks us to name one habit, but I have been floundering with a few for the last few months.  I have been half in with most of them and have decided here and now is the time to give it all I have.

Here are the Body Disciplines I will be working on in the next 5 weeks:
1. Stick with Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet (I think this is the key to my cravings...hallelujah!)
2. Drink Water All Day Long
3. Walk (briskly) for 20 minutes 4 days a week
4. Add Strength Training Exercises 3 days a week (I would love some ideas on this one, I have yet to find a program that I like well enough to stick with)

I would love some company on this challenge!
I find that email groups work the best for me. If you are interested in doing this together, shoot me and email at joyfulcreations2(at)yahoo(dot)come. 

~Joyce



No comments: