After 5 years of homeschooling I have finally got it together… mostly.
Actually we have already started…sort of. I decided that it might be a good idea to spend a week or so easing back into school by doing seat work and core subjects before we added My Father’s World. It has worked great. We have spent the last week concentrating on getting back into the rhythm of things by doing only our seat work subjects. (Math, Language, Writing, etc.) Going back to school was much less overwhelming this way.
We will add the rest of our schedule gradually over the next two weeks.
I am planning on starting My Father’s World Creation to Greeks tomorrow. This is our history, science and Bible. There are also elements of reading and writing throughout the program. We do this together and they each work at their own level.
Here is what each grit will be doing on her own…
Dancing Grit (10 years old)
- Math U See (Delta-Epsilon)
- Math Fact Flashcards
- All About Spelling (I am switching from Spelling Power for a while. I started AAS with my other two last year and love it. I feel like it will benefit my oldest to breeze through the lower levels, get all the rules firmly under her belt, ad then settle on a level more her speed. When we finish all 7 levels I plan on switching back to Spelling Power.)
- Intermediate Language Lessons
- Writing Strands (Level 3)
- A Reason for Handwriting (cursive-she just uses this for copy work)
- God and Art (This is part of My Father’s World Creation to Greeks, but I am only having her do it this year.)
- I Can Do All Things (We skipped this when it was assigned earlier in MFW. I made each grit a workbook in a Poly Binder to work through this year. Since she is doing two art programs this year she will be allowed to work more leisurely on this one.)
- Extra Curricular: Piano (second year), Ballet III, AWANA
Sporty Grit (8 years old)
- All About Spelling (level 2)
- All About Reading (level 2 when it comes out. This curriculum has been a life saver for us!)
- Primary Language Lessons (I will try to add this after we get through with AAR level 2)
- Click N Read (for review and supplementing)
- Math U See (Beta-Gamma)
- Cursive First (as a review)
- I Can Do All Things
- Flash Cards and Manipulative (as needed)
- Extra Curricular: Piano (first year), Acrobatics II, AWANA
Goofy Grit (7 years old)
- All About Reading (level 1-we are actually almost done. this was more of a review over the summer. We’ll move into level 2 as soon as her sister is done with it)
- All About Spelling (level 1)
- Math U See (Alpha-Beta)
- Cursive First
- I Can Do All Things
- Flash Cards, Manipulative (as needed)
- Extra Curricular: Ballet II, AWANA
- My Father’s World From A to Z (I am only going to do the things I think she is ready for)
- Activity Bags
- Manipulative and fun!
Hope everyone else is getting excited and gearing up for the new school year, too.
Home School or Public School!
2012-2013 HERE WE COME!
Have any questions about specific curricula we are using? Post it in the comments and I will be sure to answer. Have some advice for me? Post that, too! I would love to know anything you think could help me out!
I will be sharing our school house this week, too! Notice I said house and not room? We home school. We use our entire home! Hope you'll come back and check it out!
Have a blessed day!